What information do we hold about you and how is it collected?
If you have bought something from us, we will have your email address, address and phone number. If you choose to deliver items to a third party (such as a friend) we will have their name and address. Your credit card details are not held by us, but will be held on the Secure Trading (ST) secure server (see Transaction Security).
You may also, optionally, decide to receive our ‘Newsletter’ which may include special offers. You can opt out of this at any time either by sending us an email at email@example.com and type ‘UNSUBSCRIBE’ on the Subject line, or by clicking onto the ‘UNSUBSCRIBE’ box in any email we send you.
We also maintain an order history of your purchases. This allows us to review your past purchases. If you click onto the “Recommend to a Friend” button and send an email to one or more friends, this information (including their email addresses) will not be captured or held on our server. In common with many other online services, we may use “cookies” to store and sometimes to track information about you.
What do we do with the personal information which we collect?
We use the information you have given us to:
- Process and deliver your order. This means that we may have to disclose some of your information to our suppliers (e.g. our archive newspaper suppliers or delivery suppliers) to help complete your order.
- Allow us to review the history of your past purchases.
- Send you occasional an ‘newsletter’ from Remember When and from other websites operated by Signature Gifts, but only if you have consented to this. If you no longer wish to receive these, simply send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and type ‘UNSUBSCRIBE’ on the subject line, or by clicking onto the ‘UNSUBSCRIBE’ box in any email we send you.
- Carry out market and product analysis to help us review, develop and improve the service which we offer to you. All of the information described above will be stored in our user database (unless you notify us that you no longer wish us to retain such data, in which case all your contact details and information that may identify you will be deleted). In supplying us with your personal information, you agree that we may transfer that information (to the extent that it is still held on our database at the relevant time) to a third party who acquires all or substantially all of Signature Gifts assets or stock, or our website services, whether by merger, acquisition, reorganization or otherwise.
What are your choices?
By law, you are entitled to:
- Receive, upon payment of a fee, a copy of any personal information about you which we hold; and
- Require the rectification, erasure or blocking of any of your personal information which is inaccurate or not up to date held by Newspapers Remembered or Signature Gifts. Each time that we send you a ‘Newsletter’, we also give you the opportunity to ‘unsubscribe’ to it. You also have the option of sending us an email at email@example.com and type ‘UNSUBSCRIBE’ on the subject line.
It does not cover third party sites to which we may provide links (like Secure Trading (ST) who manage our secure online payment systems for us) nor does it cover advertisers and content partners within our service who may also collect your personal information. They may have their own privacy policies.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at:
Signature Gifts Inc,
1592 Hart Street,